Prince Charles Is Walking Meghan Markle Down The Aisle

May 18, 2018- Kensington Palace released in a statement that Meghan Markle has asked Prince Charles, Prince Harry’s father, to accompany her down the aisle. “The Prince of Wales is pleased to be able to welcome Ms. Markle To The Royal Family in this way,” the Kensington Palace said in a statement.

Thomas Markle, Meghan’s father, would not be able to attend the wedding due to poor health. Mr. Markle revealed to TMZ that he could not accompany his daughter down the aisle because of his scheduled heart surgery last May 16 after suffering chest pains again last Monday.

After Mr. Markle’s announcement to the public, numerous speculations about the possible people who will walk Meghan to the aisle appeared. Some guessed that it would be Meghan’s mother, Doria Ragland or other members of the Royal Family. Nevertheless, the mystery ended after the Kensington Palace released the memo.

It’s undoubtedly a hard time for the soon-to-be bride after her father’s controversy over staged paparazzi photos and recent heart attack. The Kensington Palace released a statement from Meghan earlier this morning. The memo informs that Thomas Markle is officially not attending the wedding. In the statement, Meghan expressed her sentiment about her father’s absence in her wedding.

Meghan chose to walk the first half of the St. George’s Chapel aisle alone, with bridesmaids and pageboys but without anyone with her side. Then the soon-to-be bride will be met at the Quire, located about half-way down the church, by the Prince of Wales who will accompany her by the remaining steps. The ceremony of giving away will be omitted.

The Archbishop of Canterbury, who will officiate the wedding rites on Prince Harry and Meghan, said that it was “wonderful” for Prince Charles to walk Ms. Markle down the aisle. “He’s a very warm person and that he’s doing this is a sign of his love and concern and support,” he said.